Woodlands People and Events with Missy Herndon June 2012
One of the premier and most well-attended events of The Woodlands is here! HEB’s Wine and Food Week will be held from June 4–10. Wine connoisseurs and foodies alike will enjoy a variety of events that include wine dinners, panels and tastings themed “Royal, Regal & Real Celebrating Life’s Greatest Pleasures and Treasures.” I look forward to seeing you at two of the main events of the week, The HEB Wine Walk at Market Street on June 7 and the Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting and Chef Showcase on Saturday, June 9 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. For more details, visit wineandfoodweek.com. Hope to see you there!
Looking for some fun family activities this summer? Check out the live music and many other fun local events happening with The Woodlands Convention Center and Visitors Bureau, thewoodlandscvb.com and The Township, thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.
The social calendar for Summer and Fall events is filling fast! Please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with dates for upcoming events to be “Scene in The Woodlands.”
“GIVING GOES GLAM” TOOTSIES FASHION SHOW BENEFIT
It was all glam at the recent New York-style runway fashion show & lunch presented by Tootsies benefiting the many community service programs of Interfaith of The Woodlands and the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties. The “Giving Goes Glam: A Gorgeous Excuse to Do Something Good” Fashion Show and Luncheon was held at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. I was honored to co-chair this amazing and unique event with Mrs. Susie Lipscomb with a very talented committee of ladies who partnered from both benefitting organizations.
The women of The Woodlands were dressed to impress at TOOTSIES inaugural local show. Melissa Wilson of FOX 26 News emceed the event. Professional models walked the catwalk alongside a few of our area’s own Gracious Glam Girls — local women who give of their hearts by supporting the community and charitable organizations through volunteering and service, proving true beauty is much more than skin deep! Stay tuned for more details on Giving Goes Glam 2013!
1) Fashion Show Co-Chair Susie Lipscomb with Ann Snyder, CEO of Interfaith of The Woodlands
2) (L-R) Junior League President Ali May, Fashion Show Co-Chair Missy Herndon, Sponsor Katherine McHugh
3) Brian Kreps with Dianne and George Lindhal
4) Vicki Norrell with Mary Lou Fitch
5) Courtney West and Richard van der Dys of Donohos Jewellers
6) Linda Weisbrod, Marissa Mettauer, Sondra Ruhman and Amy Wetherington, “Gracious Glam Girls” modeling from our community:
7) Bev Robb and Yvette Aquino
8) Casey Snyder
9) Marxli Mettauer
10) Suzette Caldwell, Carol Lauck and Nelda Blair
11) Patti Rivela
12) Tootsies Grand Finale “Goodbye!”
MCYS LADIES’ NIGHT OUT
Guests donned leg warmers, neon, crimped hair, a little blue paint and a lot of Madonna-inspired outfits at the 14th annual Ladies’ Night Out “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” ‘80s themed fundraiser for The Montgomery County Youth Services. The Spazmatics rocked the night as ladies danced and shopped their way through the evening supporting two MCYS shelters and countless other services for the youth of our area.
13) Ladies’ Night Out event Co-chairs, Amy Haymond and Aisha Dubose
14) Penny Schwartzkopf, Sharon Sutton and Holly Anderson
15) Christi Wetzel and Michelle Maggert
16) (L-R) Tammy Beattie, Tina Anderson, Stephanie Powell, Charlotte Griffith, Louanna Yochim and Jennifer McBurney
17) (L-R) Adriana Gonzalez, Leeann Sullinger, Tracy Hopkins, Katie Stevens, Barbara Crain and Carol Kovacich
18) Missy Thomas and Paige Hammit
19) Patti Rivela, Laura Feray and Cassie Wilson
20) (Back, l-r) Dana Estes, Rebecca Wilson, Catherine Lindahl, Mary Hazlett, Lynda McBeth, Tracy Wisenbaker and Sonya Kruijs (front, l-r) Donna Sullivan and Brenda Martin
21) (L-R) Holly Frankenfield, Leah Alton, Kari Tuckness, Heather Robert, Jessica Littlefield and Tracy Halverson
22) (L-R) Mary Ellen Miller, Stephanie Milstead, Myra Castagnola and Kristin Baadsgaard
GO RED FOR WOMEN LUNCHEON
It was a sea of beautiful, passionate women dressed in their favorite red attire for the recent Go Red for Women Luncheon benefiting The American Heart of Association of Montgomery County at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel. Guests enjoyed shopping, a fashion show and an inspirational luncheon and program. The “Go Red for Women” initiative was created to empower women to take charge of their health and fight heart disease and stroke.
23) Luncheon co-chairs Dr. Sakina Davis and Janine Hemmen
24) Melissa Stanosheck and Courtney West
25) Dixie Cope
26) Kelly Messenger and Valri Ingebretson
27) Farah Moinuddin and Iram Taylor
28) Lisa Casadaban, Heather Blevins and Jill Mills.