Woodlands People and Events with Missy Herndon March 2012
“Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is.” – Jessica Harrelson, Author
The blessing of Spring is upon us. As the grass greens, the flowers bloom and the cool breeze lingers in the shadows of the sun, enjoy the beauty of the delightful moments of today. The Spring social calendar is filling fast! The kind, philanthropic hearts of The Woodlands are busy planning and attending the many events that serve the neighbors and organizations of Montgomery County.
Step out this Spring to enjoy a new, unique event: A New York-style Runway Fashion Show & Lunch presented by Tootsies benefitting the many community service programs of Interfaith of The Woodlands and the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties. The “Giving Goes Glam: A Gorgeous Excuse to Do Something Good” Fashion Show and Lunch will take place on March 30 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Seating is limited. Tickets available at woodlandsinterfaith.org. See you there!
March 2-4:“Jazzy Junque & Other Great Stuff” Fundraising sale benefitting New Danville’s residential program, also held at The Outlets at Conroe. For more information: NewDanville.org
March 9: “Five Who Share Luncheon” benefitting Interfaith of The Woodlands to be held at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott, woodlandsinterfaith.org
April 20: “Tea on the Lawn” benefitting New Danville. 10:30 a.m. -1 p.m. at New Danville in Willis, Texas.
April 21: “Building HOPE Gala” benefitting Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, 6 p.m., The Woodlands Waterway Marriott
April 26: Montgomery County Women’s Center Winefest, 6 p.m. -9 p.m., Macys Furniture Gallery
Want to see your event featured in “Scene in The Woodlands?” Drop me a line with the details of an upcoming event, or send photos of recently past events to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDA Passport To A Cure Gala
Your ticket to Broadway in The Woodlands was an invitation to the Passport to a Cure Gala supporting the Muscular Dystrophy Association. More than 500 guests were greeted by Broadway favorites such as the Phantom of the Opera and Annie then whisked into a room graced with sets from some of the most well-known productions including The Lion King and The Wizard of Oz. Nearly $490,000 was raised to fund summer camps and critical research needs.
1. (Front, center) Local Goodwill MDA Ambassador Peter Ramirez with (l-r) his father Trey, mother Marla, Mark Smith, MDA’s Ambassador of HOPE, Bill Breetz, President of Kroger and his brother Sam
2. (L-R) Jon Nettle, Sarah and Brent Ducker and Ryan Clark
3. Cindy and Eric Eurich
4. Nicole and Larry Hernandez with daughter Taylor
5. Astrid Domenick and Mandy Pilgrim
6. (L-R) Spencer and Kim Crawford with Ben and Susan Awalt
7. Amber Morrow and Verna Hudson
8. Mills Toomey, President of evening honoree, The Blue Bird Circle with husband, Stephen
Heart Ball VIP Party
The countdown to the Heart Ball began with a toast at Crush Wine Lounge celebrating the highly anticipated upcoming Gala, “Paris, An Affair of the Heart.” Heart Ball Co-Chairs Stacey Bourque and Theresa Roemer hosted the evening where VIP sponsors were highlighted for their support in helping the American Heart Association reach their ultimate event goal of $600,000. Stay tuned for photos next month of the Parisian-inspired Ball!
9. Heart Ball Co-Chairs Stacey Bourque (left) and Theresa Roemer (right) with last year’s event Co-Chair, Soly Lachterman (center)
10. (L-R) Dana and C.W. Estes with Stan Phipps and Catherine Lindhal
11. Deborah and Wayne Conner
12. Judy Larson with event honoree Tom Pisula
13. ( L-R) Cheryle Sanderson, Janet Wong, Ron Mullin and Natalie and Alan Noack
14. (L-R) Jennifer Bulovas, Monica Daigneault and Chelsea Green
Taste Of The Town
The Chamber’s 25th Annual Taste of the Town packed a huge crowd into the Convention Center of The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Guests enjoyed mouth-watering samples from more than 70 area restaurants and beverage distributors at what has been noted as the “premier culinary event of South Montgomery County.”
15. (L-R) James Stilwell, Danielle Schiener and Courtney Galle
16. Drs. Charles and Emma Sims
17. Yucatan Taco Stand owners, (l-r) Marisol and Arturo Calderon and George Pallotta with Conan Henry, General Manager
18. (L-R) William Tischina, Andrea Deffes, Trey Fox and Macey Wylie, all with Black Iguana Margaritas
19. David and Jordan Newman
20. (L-R) Tim Jones, Avery Richard, Donielle Massey and Royce and Lisa Brooks
21. Joe Bowling and Marina Silver.