Woodlands People and Events with Missy Herndon January 2012
Happy New Year! As I look back on 2011 and the many events I covered, I am overwhelmed with the gracious hearts of the people of The Woodlands. In the past four years of doing this job, I have been amazed at the growth of the charitable endeavors in this area. You use your time and resources to plan, sponsor and attend these wonderful philanthropic events that truly make a difference for the neighbors of this community. I feel blessed to be a witness of the sincere hearts that reside here and am honored to be able share these moments with you, our readers. Looking ahead, I wish kind blessings and prosperity to you and your family in the coming year.
Want to see your event featured in “Scene in The Woodlands?” Drop me a line with the details of an upcoming event, or send photos of recent past events to email@example.com. I hope to see you at one of the following events in the next month:
The 17th Annual CASA Montgomery County Gala, The Butterfly Effect, will be held Jan. 28 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. For more information, please visit casaspeaks4kids.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Woodlands South Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce is gearing up for its 26th Annual Taste of The Town planned for Feb. 2 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott and Convention Center. Be ready to feast on some of the most delicious foods from our area and watch The Woodlands Idol crown its new champion at the Idol Finals.
Looking ahead, SAVE THE DATE for the first ever, “Giving Goes Glam” Fashion Show benefitting the many community service programs of Interfaith of The Woodlands and the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties. Tootsies will be headlining the event, bringing a true New York style fashion show to our area. Lunch and fashion will be served! Mark your calendars; the event will take place on Friday, March 30 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott and Convention Center. More details to come!
Junior League VIP Party
The Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc. held its VIP Party for their annual Holiday Market fundraiser. Sponsors, underwriters and community representatives were honored at the private soiree at the Crush Wine Lounge. Proceeds from the Holiday Market benefit the many Junior League community programs focusing on women, children, literacy and voluntarism.
1. JL President Ali May with VIP Party organizers Sarah Doughty, Natalie Greene and Stephanie Brennan
2. Ken and Tracy Santoro
3. Ashley Bowersock and Dina Hafley
4. JL Board members Amanda Mason and Carol Lauck
5. Misty Clow and Rachel Wilson
Habitat For Humanity ‘Home For
The Holidays’ Luncheon
“Habitat offers a hand up, not a hand out.” After more than 20 years of serving our community and 75 homes later, Habitat for Humanity works tirelessly to help provide home ownership to anyone willing to put a little “sweat equity” and a lot of heart into a home. The Home for the Holidays Luncheon featured a style show by Stacy Harris Images, a beautiful and inspiring video and a heartwarming message from Habitat partner and homeowner Diana Garner. Currently, Habitat is building in Cedar Creek, a Habitat-only neighborhood in Montgomery County. Feeling inspired to help build or contribute? Check out HFHMCTX.org.
6. (L-R) Luncheon Mistress of Ceremonies and Women Build Spokesperson Dana Tyson with Habitat for Humanity homeowner Diana Garner; Habitat’s President of the Board of Directors Marguerite Ference; Luncheon Chair and Chair of Women Build Barbara McGregor; and Barbara Cargill, Chair of The Texas State Board of Education
7. Helen Watts and Bev Earle
8. Kristi Marimon and Karen Capillono
9. Chardelle Adelson, Dianne Lindahl and Sandra Novak
10. Julie Amble and Dr. Ann Snyder
11. Jennifer Beam and Diane Paul
12. (L-R) Gaye Craig, Maureen Foley, Habitat for Humanity Gala Chair Brenda Mizell, D’Anne Surber and Barbara Cargill
Flemings Girl’s Night Out
Flemings Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar recently held a Girl’s Night Out featuring wine, appetizers and pampering galore for their guests. Ladies from across the area packed the private room to have chair massages by Bella Rinova, check out the new trends in make-up by Saks Fifth Avenue and start their holiday wish lists with Dannini Fine Jewelry.
13. Flemings Operating Partner Shellie Moran and Chef Partner Wayne Mason
14. (L-R) Kimberly Chesser, Kay Hill, Victoria Swenceski, Kai Hamer and Karen Schleelein
15. (L-R) Misty Phipps, DeAnn Morales, Connie Heard and Sharon Teare
16. (L-R) Gwenda Baker, Kalyn Green and Susan Watson
17. (L-R) Corey Spencer, Karla Burrer, Becky Berger and Jennifer Weste
18. Shelli Moran and Jeri Slater of Dannini Fine Jewelry
19. (L-R) Lemitra Rhodes, Sophia Johnson and Ersila Jones
Hope Dental Mission
Drs. Kim and Scott Andersen hosted their annual Hope Dental Mission Benefit at their ranch in Brenham. Texas country music star Wade Bowen rocked the crowd of supporters who two-stepped the night away to raising $35,000 for dental missions to Mexico and Honduras.
20. Hosts Drs. Scott and Kim Andersen, DDS
21. Dr. Vance LeCrone, DDS with wife Amy, and Laurie and Justin Shults
22. Dr. Todd Hughes, DDS with wife Jennie
23. Dr. Ryan Comeaux, DDS with Will Murphy
24. Dr. Sean Sweeney, DPM with wife Jennifer, and Brandi and Dean Melton.