Scene in the Woodlands, Whitney Montgomery March 2016
FOR GALAS, PARTIES, LUNCHEONS:
FOR SCHOOL & STUDENT NEWS AND FOR SCHOOL & STUDENT NEWS
AND OTHER HAPPENINGS:
This is my favorite season – the weather has just been absolutely gorgeous!!! This is the month everyone starts to think about planning for spring break. Isn’t it wonderful that we have such a beautiful and fun community where even a “staycation” can be just what we need?
The Woodlands definitely has some amazing hotels and resorts to choose from, outstanding restaurants, endless activities, and beautiful trails to explore. How fun is it to become a tourist in your own town? So many of us rarely take time to slow down and enjoy all that is within just a few minutes of our homes. Step away from the hustle of the average day, don’t over schedule the break, and just enjoy your hometown.
Here are a few upcoming events in March:
March 5 – Rotary Club of the Woodlands 10th Annual Wine Dinner
March 5 – Carlton Woods Chef Showcase benefiting Meals on Wheels
March 19 – Scuderia Exotic Car Show (Market Street)
March 20 – The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion 18th Annual Wine Dinner
March 21 – 89.3 KSBJ Golf Classic 2016 (The Woodlands Palmer Course)
March 28 – The Woodlands Chamber Golf Classic (Palmer Course)
The last few months have been such a blessing for me as I have attended so many wonderful events. I especially enjoy getting to know all of you and learn the “why” behind what drives the passion in each of you. Everyone has a story and it is important to share that story with others. You never know how you may change someone’s life with a single word.
I look forward to getting out and about this month and I hope that you too will be “Scene in The Woodlands”. Keep me posted on your events for 2016 – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be the change you hope to see in the world, Whitney Montgomery
Taste of the Town
Taste of the Town is the premier culinary event of South Montgomery County attracting thousands of people. This event is held at The Woodlands Waterway Hotel and Conference Center every January. Attendees enjoy a night of live entertainment while feasting on a variety of appetizers, entrees, desserts, pastries, and beverages from some of the area’s finest restaurants. The winner of 2016 Taste of the Town People’s Choice Award went to Bob’s Steak and Chop House. Best of Taste appetizer was awarded to Bazille (inside Nordstrom’s –The Woodlands). Best of Taste entree was from Morton’s Grille and Best of Taste dessert went to CHI St Luke’s Health of the Woodlands. I am certain everyone left that night happy and full. Plan to attend this event next year!
1) Amy Lampman, Paul Peterson, Mitzi Fox
2) Dione Booker and Carrie Jones
3) Terri Morrice, Angela Glezman, and Tamarah
4) Alexandria Herrman and Joanna Zachary
5) Executive Chef Aaron Nelson and Chef Saul Martinez with Owner Claudia Leonardo
CASA Boots and Ball Gowns Gala
Tetra Technologies, Inc. presented the 21st Annual CASA Speaks for Kids Gala at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Conference Center on Jan. 30. The guests definitely had a good time while attention was brought to a very serious cause. Proceeds raised at this Gala benefited CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County. It costs approximately $1,500 to provide a volunteer advocate for one abused and neglected child for one year. These advocates serve as a voice for the children so that they do not get lost in the legal system. CASA is making a difference and changing the cycle of abuse, one child at a time. For more information please visit CASASpeaks4Kids.com.
1) Cheryl Hochberger, Isabel Crawford, Bella Crawford, Michael Evans, Colleen Waymel
2) Susan Horaist, Gala chair Joni Barker, James and Angela Pung
3) Actor/producer Mathew St. Patrick of Six Feet Under and Sons of Anarchy, and Cliff Hazel
4) CASA Executive Director Ann McAlpin and Alli Stephens
5) Laura Archibald, Natalie Greene, Jennifer Parish
6) Leigh Ann Hill; Murray Batt ,CASA advocate; Faye Batt, CASA advocate; Stephanie Hall; and Judge Amy Atkinson
7) Brianne Crockett, Seth Montgomery, Cheryl Sellers, Dr. Lorenzo Blas, Kelley Rytlewski, and John Lampman
Muscular Dystrophy Association
Passport To A Cure Gala
MDA held its 10th annual Passport to a Cure Gala benefitting The Muscular Dystrophy Association at The Woodlands Waterway Hotel and Resort. This was an exciting event with all the entertainment, and the best part was seeing our community come together to raise funds that will ultimately help increase the research for breakthroughs in over 43 neuromuscular diseases. Many families and patients were given hope because of the amount of support shown at this event. The highlights of the evening included time spent with MDA Goodwill Ambassadors: Kenzey Thompson, Benjamin Willis, William Rivenbank, and Alexandria Auberry-Tass. For more information on MDA and how you can get involved, visit mda.org.
1) Frances Wheeland, George David, Roman Williams, and Brenda Williams
2) MDA AmbassadorAlex Auberry-Tass and Oz Pearlman, award-winning mentalist
3) Oscar and Jessica Bravo with Jurassic Extreme
4) MDA Ambassador Kenzey Thompson and Jerry Copeland
5) Lia Skevofilax, Mackenzie Cash, Erin Cazalot, Jennifer Manning, Jennifer Baust, Nancy Rice
6) Andy Madson, Mary Smith, and Dr Tim Lotze
7) Jon Halbur and actors with J&D Entertainment
MACARON by Patisse Ribbon Cutting
and TV Taping
What an exciting ribbon cutting ceremony at our very own MACARON by Patisse right here in The Woodlands. Houston billionaire Tilman Fertitta is giving entrepreneurs a priceless opportunity in a new TV reality show, Billion Dollar Buyer. He is offering these entreprenuers the chance to pitch their products and get priceless insight. Owners Sukaina Rajani and her brother, Mohammed Rajani, are being considered by Fertitta and filming took place at their Hughes Landing location in January. The show premieres Tuesday, March 22 on CNBC at 10 p.m.
Stop by MACARON and you will walk into a beautiful European boutique where you will experience a room filled with more than 20 flavors of colorful and delicious French Macarons. Complement these delicious French pastries with a cup of specialty loose leaf tea or a refreshing Italian soda. macaronbypatisse.com
1) Mario Quinones, Christy Nguyen, Luis Lopez, Danmarie Bunag, and Ali Rajani
2) Kirk Johnson, Lindy Johnson, Tammy Schroder, and Danny Schroder
3) Christen Burditt, Becca Odom, Nadia Amezaga, and Anna Christopher
4) Sukaina Rajani, Ronnie Rajani, Ali Rajani, Mohammed Rajani, and Tilman Fertitta
5) Katie Holditch, Melissa Ranieri, and Magen Pastor
6) Marina Silver , Bryan Frenchak, Susan Becker