Scene in the Woodlands, Whitney Montgomery June 2016
FOR GALAS, PARTIES, LUNCHEONS:
FOR SCHOOL & STUDENT NEWS | FOR SCHOOL / STUDENT NEWS & OTHER HAPPENINGS:
The last few weeks have been remarkable as I have been out in the community at so many amazing events. Even more inspiring has been the amount of community support we have had in regards to the recent heavy rains and flooding. Thanks to each and every one of you who have taken time to reach out and help those in need. Serving others never gets old and I pray the blessings come back to all of you in unimaginable ways.
Summer is here! I am not sure whether that means things will slow down or things will get busier, but I do know things will be fun. Summer time is full of swimming, camps, picnics, parks, movies, vacation and always great family time. The best part is that we have a community that has all of these things right at our fingertips. Make this summer one full of memories by trying a new activity or putting a new spin on an activity you love.
I look forward to being out and about this month. I hope that you too will be “Scene in The Woodlands.” Keep me posted on your events: email@example.com.
Be the change you hope to see in the world.
The 2016 WineFest “Passport to Paradise” benefiting the Montgomery County Women’s Center was held April 28 at Macy’s Furniture Gallery at The Woodlands Mall. Guests enjoyed “island hopping” and mingling with friends while sipping a lovely selection of wines, sampling delicious signature dishes from local restaurants, and shopping at the Marketplace of Dreams. It was a light-hearted event that raised funds for a much more serious cause. For more information on the Montgomery County Women’s Center, please visit mcwctx.org.
1) Kristi Marimon, George Lindahl, Sarah Raleigh, Ally Seder, and Marion Fischer.
2) Saundra Presley, Randy Lowry, Debi Edge, JoAnne Lowry.
3) George Lindahl and Sarah Raleigh.
4) Leila and Jason Higham with Sarah Raleigh.
5) Teri and Cal Remsburg.
6) Mike and Ally Seder.
Children’s Safe Harbor Betting on Courage Benefit
Children’s Safe Harbor held its 10th annual Betting on Courage Benefit on May 6. The group held a fabulous night that helped raise funds to support children who have been victim of physical and sexual abuse. Their mission is to enhance the life of every child who has the courage to battle the abuse. They provide a comprehensive multi-disciplinary team approach to intervention, investigation, prosecution and treatment of child sexual and severe physical abuse. To learn how you can get involved, visit childrensafeharbor.org.
1) Dr Victoria Constance, Executive Director.
2) Charlotte McIntyre and Viki Ammerman.
3) Hailey Strozier singing the National anthem.
4) Bikers Against Child Abuse.
5) Mark and Mayra Domingue.
6) Ali May, Shannon Mills, Darcy Bass, and Jen McDonald.
7) Lindsey Bonn and Melanie Mitchell.
Habitat for Humanity “License to Build” Gala
Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County held its fifth annual gala April 23 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott to raise funds vital to providing affordable housing. With 450 guests bidding on Restore Restyle, silent auction, bid board and live auction items, this year’s gala revenue exceeded $450,000.
Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County is a Christian nonprofit organization that provides affordable, sustainable homes to hard-working families and individuals. Because of their work, hundreds of Montgomery County’s most vulnerable children have a secure place to thrive, and the number of people helped grows every year. To learn more about Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, please visit habitatmctx.org.
1) Habitat for Humanity 2016 Gala Co-Chairs Suzanne Millet (left) and Susan Hayes.
2) Habitat for Humanity Gala attendees enjoy their dinner and prepare for the live auction.
3) KHOU Channel 11 meteorologist Chita Johnson served as the emcee for the evening.
4) John and Brenda Mizell.
5) R. Grassi Auctions led the gala guests through the live auction program.
6) R. Grassi Auctions encouraged guests to place their bids on the bid board.
7) Immediate Past President of the Habitat Board of Directors Larry Abston addressed the gala attendees.
8) Presenting Sponsor Anadarko’s table was hosted by Larry Abston, immediate Past President of the Habitat Board of Directors.
9) Diamonds are Forever Sponsor Strike’s table was hosted by Cole and Megan Pate.
10) James Bond-themed menus made to look like miniature tuxedos were tucked in guests’ napkins.
11) Habitat Board of Directors President Patricia Brown (left), Fred Koetting and Lisa Koetting.
12) Robert Teague, Vickey Piccirillo, Allison Piccirillo and Bryant Lach
13) Gala guests gave local Habitat homeowner Lourdes Adame a standing ovation after she shared her story about how the nonprofit changed her life.
14) The ReStore ReStyle project sold furniture selected from the Habitat ReStore and refurbished by local artists.
ALL EARS! Toast & Taste Gala
ALL EARS! Listening & Language Center held its 2nd Annual Toast & Taste at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, where The Honorable Barbara Cargill joined in honoring the Heroes for Hearing. All EARS! is a nonprofit organization that depends on community partnerships to empower children who are hearing impaired, and their families, by teaching listening, spoken language and literacy skills. The funds raised at this event will support a community-based program within a fully-accredited preschool; funding and training for Auditory-Verbal Therapy provided by a Listening & Spoken Language Specialist and Certified AVT; valuable Parent Mentorships and support groups; small student-to-teacher ratios and the Parent Infant Program; language-rich activities, and most importantly, need-based scholarships for enrollment in the programs. For additional information visit the website, allearscenter.org.
1) Stacy McKellar, Lacey Morgan, and Heather Webster.
2) Lee Rech, Debbie Packer, and Rita Vansickle.
3) Scott and Kathy Jovien.
4) Georgia Samford and Kim Erbele.
5) Silent auction items being displayed.
6) Ray Solcher, Karen Solcher, and Mike Williams.
7) Dustin Mitchell, Celeste Mitchell, Lettie Nanez, and Daniel Nanez.
8) Guests enjoying the evening presentation and thanking sponsors.
Scene in the Woodlands, Whitney Montgomery June 2016